Buying a home?
Top 12 NC Sunset Vistas
Do you agree or disagree? we'd like to hear from you.
E-mail us Now!
Keep in mind that it is almost always chilly, to say the least.
In addition, you can cruise down around the corner into Tennessee where you
get a great sunset view from Newfound Gap.
Clingman's Dome is the place to unlatch, and become revitalized above the Great Smoky Mountains.
- Jockey's Ridge-Running a very close second here! I know because we are cooped up in the heart of the Piedmont we don't get to the beach often.
Yet the largest natural sand dunes on the east coast are a phenomenal setting for twilights' last gleaming!
- Blue Ridge Parkway yields so many awesome scenes that we can't limit ourselves to just one locale! However, Craggy Gardens
(mp370), Mt. Pisgah (mp410) and Waterrock Knob (seen below near mp 450
as you face west towards Clingman's Dome and Newfound Gap)) are our
Or checkout this view of Looking Glass Rock on a late afternoon in early
April, somewhere near milepost 420.
- The Attic @ Grandfather Mountain for you hikers out there.
- Cherohala Skyway-visit one of NC's best kept secrets!
- Pilot Mtn. yields a great view of Pilot Knob as the sun sets over the Blue Ridge Mountains to the west.
- The Beach! Just like the Blue Ridge Parkway, there are too many great spots. However, you can't beat a soundside sunset while you enjoy an ice cold adult beverage
with your shrimp on the barbie; eh?
- Hanging Rock State Park-Moore's Knob provides a great silhouette of Pilot Mtn. in the foreground.
- Stone Mountain Falls-During the summer months the sunset is framed nicely within the trees, sky, and falls if you'll hike the staircase to the top.
- Mt. Mitchell State Park-Highest point on the Eastern Seaboard.
- Historic Edenton Waterfront (featured below)
- Any lake or mountain top near You!