Top 12 NC Sunset Vistas
Clingman's Dome is the place to unlatch, and become revitalized above the Great Smoky Mountains.
- Jockey's Ridge-Running a very close second here! I know because we are cooped up in the heart of the Piedmont we don't get to the beach often.
Yet the largest natural sand dunes on the east coast are a phenomenal setting for twilights' last gleaming!
- Blue Ridge Parkway yields so many awesome scenes that we can't limit ourselves to just one locale! However, Craggy Gardens or Mt. Pisgah are cool.
- The Attic @ Grandfather Mountain for you serious hikers out there.
- Cherohala Skyway-visit one of NC's best kept secrets!
- Pilot Mtn. yields a great view of Pilot Knob as the sun sets over the Blue Ridge Mountains to the west.
- The Beach! Just like the Blue Ridge Parkway, there are too many great spots. However, you can't beat a soundside sunset while you enjoy an ice cold adult beverage
with your shrimp on the barbie; eh?
- Hanging Rock State Park-Moore's Knob provides a great silhouette of Pilot Mtn. in the foreground.
- Stone Mountain Falls-During the summer months the sunset is framed nicely within the trees, sky, and falls if you'll hike the staircase to the top.
- Mt. Mitchell State Park-Highest point on the Eastern Seaboard.
- Historic Edenton Waterfront (featured below)
- Any lake or mountain top near You!
Do you agree or disagree? we'd like to hear from you.
E-mail us Now!
Top NC Falls|
|Top 10 Fall Sites |
NC Links |