Buying a home?
SOUTH MOUNTAINS STATE PARK
- High Shoals Falls is an awesome sight. See the Linville River display its power once again! (see Linville Falls)
- Climb to the top of the mountain bald and view the falls across the gorge. Continue to the summitt to view Charlotte's Skyline!
Getting There From:
- Triad/Triangle take I-40 West to Morganton, take exit 105 and follow the "standard" brown road signs.
- Charlotte take I-85 South to 74 West to Shelby to 226 North (please look for signs or get a map......)
- Asheville take I-40 East to Marion to 226 South (we didn't take notes and our 1996 NC road map is not much help)
Comments:South Mountains State Park offers an excellent day
trip/mountain retreat for everyone. Camping, picnics, waterfalls and
beautiful fall foliage splendor. On a clear day, one can see the Charlotte
skyline nearly eighty miles away. Of course you will have to hike 1.5 miles
to the top of the bald but that's what all adventurists do!