Buying a home?
Rufus Morgan Falls
Rufus Morgan falls is located near Franklin, NC. Hike a short loop
trail to observe a secluded cascade. It makes our list due to the fact that it is off the beaten path
and not as popular or widely known as others in the region. The drive along the way is marked as
a scenic byway and is a perfect one to two hour diversion.
- Loop Trail: easy to moderate loop traverses up the mountain side to a smaller cascade before finally
reaching the larger attraction. Trail length is approximately one mile.
- Located in Macon County 3 miles north of Franklin on State Road 1310.
- One of several NC Scenic Byways in the area.
- Also, drive through Nantahala Gorge and visit the several falls in the Topton area.
- Franklin is a great town to use as a base camp for an excellent weekend or week of waterfall and mountain
sightseeing. Camping, lodging, picnics, beautiful fall foliage splendor and Wal-mart nearby!
- More info on